Coming alongside in Lerwick Harbour

Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archive

Summerside LH 57

Built 1930   Cochrane & Sons Ltd Selby as "Sandringham"  (Steel)
Yard No 1093
Owner at New Queen Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby  (Charles A. Osborne, manager)
ID no 161000
Launch Date 10.09.1930
Completed 10.1930
Gross Tons 254
Nett Tons 99
Engine 83 hp   T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Length 122.3ft
Breadth 22.1ft
Depth 12.7ft


10.1930 Registered at Grimsby GY 303.
08.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (P.No.FY.598),joined the 40th Minesweeping group based at Grimsby.
1945 Joined the 72nd  Minesweeping group based at Grimsby.
07.1946 Returned to Owners.
1956 Owned by William Liston Ltd, Newhaven Edinburgh (William Liston manager).
08.1956 Grimsby registry closed.
08.1956 Renamed "SUMMERSIDE".
08.1956 Registered at Leith LH 57
1960 Sold as scrap.
10.1960 Scrapped by James A. White at St David's on Forth
  As "Sandringham" bunkering in Grimsby
    Reproduced with acknowledgement to Johnleif Jenson Faeroe Islands