Taymouth  LH

Built 1899    Gourlay Bros, Dundee  (Steel)
Yard No 191
Owner at New Tay Trawling  Co Ltd, Dundee  (Robert Cook manager)
ID no 110984
Launch Date 12.05.1899
Completed 1899
Gross Tons 137
Nett Tons 20
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by Gourlay Bros,  Dundee
Length 105ft
Breadth 20.2ft
Depth 11ft


05.06.1899 Registered at Dundee DE 116.
15.03.1900 Collided with and sank S.S. "Ugie" (236g/1886) of Leith, 3 miles WSW from the Bell Rock Lighthouse.
11.08.1901 Ran ashore near the west pier at Broughty Ferry, later refloated and returned to Dundee for inspection.
22.02.1907 Returned to Dundee after sustaining considerable damage during recent storms off Rattray Head, one crewmen receiving damage to his head.
1907 Owned by Thomas Davidson, Aberdeen (owner/manager). 
08.1907 Dundee registry closed.
22.08.1907 Registered at Aberdeen A.154
07.12.1910 Stranded two miles south of River Ythan Aberdeenshire, Skipper John Crockett and crew all rescued.
16.02.1911 At the subsequent Board of Trade Inquiry, Skipper John Crockett was found to be negligent and his certificate was suspended for six months.
01.01.1914 Tonnage altered 137g/54.4n after re-measurement.
29.05.1917 Requisitioned as Fishery Reserve Vessel
18.06.1917 Owned by Weston William Crampin, Grimsby (owner/manager)
28.06.1917 Aberdeen registry closed.
03.07.1917 Registered at Grimsby GY 1079
1919 Returned to Owners
02.1925 Owned by Thomas Brown & Sons, Leith Edinburgh
19.02.1925 Grimsby registry closed.
02.1925 Registered at Leith LH?
Pre1930 Owned by L’dOliveira & Co Ltd, Oporto, Portugal.
Pre1930 Leith registry closed.
Pre1930 Renamed "INICIADOR"
1930 Sold as scrap..