As Jackora LT 129 in Milford Haven

Reproduced with acknowledgement to John Stevenson & Milford Trawler website

Thorntree  GN 73

Built 1918      John Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen as "Mirage (Steel)
Yard No 65
Owner at New Admiralty   (Ad.No.3926)
ID no 137640
Launch Date 11.1918
Completed 16.12.1918
Gross Tons 97
Nett Tons 42
Engine 34 h p T.3-cyl by John Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (Engine No.136)
Length 85.8ft
Breadth 18.6ft
Depth 9.8ft


27.12.1918 Ran trial trip running southward from Aberdeen speed of 8.5 knots achieved.
31.07.1920 Handed over to Fishery Board of Scotland for disposal to the Mercantile.
1920 Sold to the Mercantile for 6,500, reduced to 4,875; deposit paid 250 under HM Treasury mortgage agreement (Disposal of Admiralty Drifters to Ex-service Fishermen)
1920 Owned by John & A. S. Horne, Port Seton, East Lothian (John Horne skipper/manager)
24.07.1920 Renamed "THORNTREE"
24.07.1920 Registered at Granton GN 73
07.10.1921 At Duns Sheriff Court, Skipper John Horne fined 140 in total for fishing inside the legal limit off the Berwickshire coast at St. Abbs, refusing to stop when challenge by the Fishery cruiser "Maelstrom" leading to a sixty mile chase and with failing to display or concealing his trawlers name and port registration on 20th July 1921.
1923 Granton registry closed.
12.1924 Owned byWilliam Wood, Cellardyke Fifeshire & Adam Vyse, North Shields (John T. Graham,  Anstruther manager).
19.12.1924 Granton registry closed.
12.1924 Registered at Kirkcaldy KY 33.
1928 Owned by James Dougal, Eyemouth Berwickshire.
1928 Kirkcaldy registry closed.
1928 Renamed "MARY & JANE"
1928 Registered at Berwick BK 271
09.1939 Owned by Arthur Claude Mitchell, Lowestoft (owner/manager).
03.1940 Owned by Mitchell Bros (Jackora Ltd ) Milford Haven (Arthur Claude Mitchell manager).
03.1940 Berwick registry closed.
20.03.1940 Registered at Lowestoft  LT 129
04.04.1940 Renamed "JACKORA"
1943 Diesel Engine fitted
1955 Sold as scrap to Belgian ship breakers.
22.05.1955 Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp in tow of steam drifter "Excel IV" LT 171 also for scrap..
22.05.1955 Lowestoft registry closed.