Victor LH 22

Built 1852      Richard/Robert Stobbs, North Shields  (Wood)
Yard No  
Owner at New Leith owners
ID no 15775
Launch Date 1852
Completed 1853
Gross Tons 60
Nett Tons 21


Engine 30 hp Side lever L.1-cyl
Length 71.1ft
Breadth 14.7ft
Depth 7.7ft


1853 Registered at Leith.
20.08.1859 Ran aground on a rock while entering North Berwick harbour East Lothian and making water, a steamer and two lighters sent from Leith to assist in refloating her.
28.12.1860 Struck the Black Rocks at Leith in thick fog, later assisted of and beached at the Sandport slip for repairs.
23.09.1861 Towed schooner "Fergus" back to Leith after she had difficulties in a northerly gale
Undated Converted to Beam Trawler  
Undated Registered at Leith  LH 22
Pre1869 Owned by Jamieson & Stoker, Leith Edinburgh.
27.02.1869 32/64th shares advertised for sale at Leith in the Scotsman

The water was run out of the Old Dock, Leith in order to repair the tug after she had been sunk a few days earlier. It was while her boiler was being removed that a wheel on the crane collapsed causing the boiler to fall through the bottom of the tug. Carpenter’s effected repairs in the empty dock and once refloated she was taken to Menzies graving dock for repair.   

10.02.1871 8/64th shares advertised for sale in the Scotsman (Sequestration of John Stoker, Coal merchant).
23.04.1873 Caught fire while moored in Leith harbour, to prevent the fire spreading she was hauled round to the Sandport slip where the tug was scuttled to prevent the fire spreading, the fire was then extinguished. She was floated on the next tide despite damage to her cabin and hull abaft the funnel. She was not insured.
Pre1880 Owned by George Jamieson, Leith Edinburgh (owner/manager).
1888 Sold as scrap.