From a painting by H. Owen 1926  

                     Reproduced with acknowledegment City of Edinburgh Council

                

                         W H Podd  GW 34                      

Built 1913     Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Steel)
   
Yard No 540
   
Owner at New W. H. Podd (Lowestoft)  Milford Haven   (Edward Brand manager)
   
ID no 128767
   
Launch Date 23.12.1913
   
Completed 01.1914
   
Gross Tons 225
 
Nett Tons 87
   
Engine 76 hp    T.3-cyl by  Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 117.5ft
   
Breadth 22.5ft
   
Depth 13.8ft
   
Owner  
28.01.1914 Registered at Milford Haven M 1
02.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.154) based at Dover.
1919 Returned to owners
1921 Owned by John Stewart Boyle, Glasgow  (owner/manager)
06.12.1921 Milford registry closed.
12.1921 Registered at Glasgow GW 34
14.09.1935 John Stewart Boyle deceased, executor Mrs Isabella S. Boyle, Glasgow.
1935 Richard Allen appointed manager.
1935 Owned by John S. Boyle Ltd  Glasgow (Richard Allen manager).
1946 Owned by George Walker,  Aberdeen (owner/manager).
09.1946 Glasgow registry closed.
09.09.1946 Registered at Aberdeen A.206.
12.11.1946 Renamed  "FORVIE  BRAES".
16.12.1950 Owned by Clydesdale & North of Scotland Bank Ltd, Glasgow.
16.01.1951 Owned by Andrew Walker King, Mrs Margaret King, James King & Robert Anderson, Aberdeen.
1959 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 1850.
19.09.1959 Arrived at Charlestown, Fife
05.12.1956 Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries Ltd at Charlestown, Fife 
 

In Drydock

 Copyright Unknown

 
  Lying off Lerwick
    Reproduced with acknowledegment to the Shetland Museum & Archives
 

 

 
  Alongside in Lerwick
    Reproduced with acknowledegment to the Shetland Museum & Archives