On the outside as "Kendale" SN 42.

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Phil Goodinson North Shields

                    Walter Paton  GW 11                      

Built 1930   Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen as "Marjory M. Hastie"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 631
   
Owner at New Robert Hastie & Sons, North Shields  (George H. Hastie manager).
   
ID no 148808
   
Launch Date 27.06.1930
   
Completed 08.1930
   
Gross Tons 244
   
Nett Tons 105
   
Engine 67 hp  T.3-cyl by    Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 123.4ft
   
Breadth 23.1ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
   
Owners  
15.03.1930 Registered at North Shields SN 107
06.1940 Requisitioned in and converted to minesweeper (P.No. FY.1777)
1943 Owned by Ardrossan Trawling  Co  Ltd, Glasgow (Walter K. Paton Ltd, managers)
11.1945 Returned to Owners
1946 North Shields registry closed.
1946 Renamed "WALTER PATON" 
1946 Registered at Glasgow GW 11
01.08.1950 Ran ashore on shingle beach near the village of Holm, Isle of Lewis while making for Stornoway with boiler problems, towed clear by S.T. "Meta Paton" GW 14.
13.04.1951 In collision with the Burntisland ferry "Flora MacDonald" outside Granton harbour, a claim for 1100 of damages to her stern was made and this was counteracted by a claim for 2090  damages by Forth Ferries Ltd, Granton Edinburgh.
1954 Owned by J.W. & L.C. Tomlinson,  North Shields
1954 Renamed "KENDALE"
1954 Registered at North Shields SN 42
1961 Sold as scrap.
11.1961 Scrapped by C & W Dorkin & Co Ltd  at Gateshead
   
 
  Alongside in Lerwick
    Reproduced with acknowledegment to the Shetland Museum & Archives