William Fenwick    LH

Built 1871   Richard/Robert Stobbs, Coble Dene  North Shields  (Wood)
Yard No  
Owner at New William Fenwick, North Shields (owner/manager).
ID no 65406
Launch Date 1871
Completed 1871
Gross Tons 71
Nett 6
Engine 30 hp Side Lever L.1-cyl
Length 80.5ft
Breadth 17.2ft
Depth 9ft
1871 Registered at North Shields.
1874 Owned by Henry Stobbs, North Shields.
18.02.1876 Landed the crew of the French brig "Eugenie" of Cherbourg at North Shields after she had sunk following a collision in the North Sea.
1880 Owned by William Nicholson, Leith, Edinburgh.
1880 North Shields registry closed.
1880 Registered at Leith.
10.02.1881 Picked up the sinking coaster S.S. "Gitana" and towed her into Abertay sands where she was beached.

Arrived at Leith with the Newhaven yawl "Esther" in tow, vessel was found close to Fidra island Firth of Forth. all four crewmen lost : - Those Lost all from Newhaven are, David Fairbairn Ramsay, 50 Skipper/owner;

George Ramsay , 50 skippers brother

William Watson Ramsay 18, skippers son

William Seaton, 21

10.12.1881 Arrived at Leith with a Newhaven yawl (owned by McFarlane & Ramsay) in tow, which they had found bottom up in the Firth of Forth, all seven crewmen suspected to have drowned in the recent gale.
Undated Converted to trawler
26.09.1886 Ran ashore on the Black Rocks east of Leith in thick fog causing slight damaged to the keel, refloated shortly afterwards and put into Leith for repairs.
29.01.1892 29/64th Shares offered for sale in by auction at the Commercial hotel Leith  Edinburgh (Scotsman newspaper)
Pre1895 Owned by James C. Bridges, Leith Edinburgh.
07.1896 Hired by the Admiralty as part of a trial using mines to the west of Inchkeith, Firth of Forth.
Pre1908 Owned by Archibald McKinnon, Leith Edinburgh.
15.05.1911 Owned by James Nicholson, Leith Edinburgh.
1912 Leith registry closed.